Periodontal (gum) disease, including gingivitis and periodontitis, are serious inflammatory disorders that, left untreated, can lead to tooth loss. The word periodontal literally means “around the tooth.” Periodontal disease is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the gums and bone supporting the teeth. Periodontal disease can affect one tooth or many teeth.
Therefore, periodontics is a dental specialty that involves the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the bone and gum tissues that surround and support the teeth or their substitutes. Periodontics also involves the maintenance of the health, function and esthetics of these structures and tissues after active treatment.
Dr .Stéphanie Malette and Dr. Rémi Morin are qualified for the following procedures:
- Implants Scaling and Root Planing
- Osseous or “Bone” Surgery
- Sinus Lift
- Bone Grafting to create bone for Dental Implants
- Tissue Grafting to correct gum recession
- Cosmetic Crown Lengthening to improve the esthetic appearance of the gumline and smile
- Gingivectomy to correct a “gummy smile”